Friday, May 8, 2009

Mothers Day

You know, I am very lucky to have the GREATEST parents on earth and a mom that is amazing in so many ways..

From the outside looking in, some people may think my parents have a "weird" dynamic.
My mom is very rough around the edges but with a heart bigger than anyone I have ever known and my dad is quiet and very passive. So you could say that my mom wears the pants in the family..

Growing up she seemed so strict compared to the other kids' parents and I often felt like she was too hard on me. Now that I am older, I appreciate the fact that she worked very hard and tirelessly to keep me on track. I never hung around with the wrong crowd, I always had hobbies and for the most part I never wanted for anything.
We lived in a very small house but my memories of my childhood definetly outscore any memories of my adulthood, that's for sure..

Mothers Day means so much more today than it ever has and being a mom myself I can obviously appreciate and see how tough a job it is.

Both my parents are getting older and in good health but I know many people not fortunate enough to have them around anymore. I treasure the years to come with both my parents and can only hope that I myself will become to be as good if not better a parent then both my parents.

So this mothers day, appreciate your mom. She may not be perfect..She may have made many mistakes but one thing holds true, she's the only mom you've got! So reflect on
the "good" in your mom and let go of any imperfections. I believe that will help
you become a better mom as well. So Happy Mothers Day to all those moms out there and remember that you can always be a better mom.

1 comment:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter